Here’s How A McDonald’s Worker Held Up Steve Stephens’ So Police Would Catch Him 🍟

Posted On : 04/18/2017


For the first time in a long time, there’s something good to say about McDonalds. Or at least a brave Mickey Ds worker stepped up and tipped off the police.

He Made Him Wait!

If you didn’t know, Stephens pulled up to the drive-thru at McDonald’s in Erie, PA, just off of Buffalo Road. Obviously he’d gotten hungry and needed to stop for a bit to eat. He ordered a 2–piece McNuggett and a large fry. But the Mc Donald’s worker made him wait!

The employee identified him and made him wait longer for his order so the cops could come and apprehend him. He said the fries would take longer than expected, and he waited a little but then Stephens started getting a little suspicious.

According to GoErie News, the restaurant manager says Stephens got his nuggets, but then said he had to go and he drove off without the fries. We’re guessing he either saw the cops coming or he “felt” them coming. In any event, it was enough time for cops to get on his tail.

Law enforcement was contacted at 11:10 a.m. and that Stephens was sighted at a McDonald’s in Harborcreek.

(GERMANY OUT) Deutschland, Berlin, Mc Donald's (Photo by Schöning/ullstein bild via Getty Images)
(GERMANY OUT) Deutschland, Berlin, Mc Donald’s (Photo by Schöning/ullstein bild via Getty Images)

Stephens shot himself after troopers pursued his car and stopped him in what is called a P.I.T. maneuver, or precision immobilization technique, in which police cause a car to go sideways and stop.

Police said never went above 50 miles per hour, involved four state police vehicles and was joined by members of the Wesleyville Police Department, he said.

State police followed up on a number of tips from the public, but none had been substantiated before Tuesday morning.  Stephens is not believed to have had any accomplices and his whereabouts before the Tuesday morning chase are not known.

Pennsylvania State Police say they will hold a news conference on the Steve Stephens case at 3:30 p.m. at Troop E barracks in Lawrence Park.

Thomas DuCharme Jr., owner and operator of the McDonald’s, said the attendant thought she recognized Stephens. DuCharme said the attendant then called state police.

Erie is the town where police said they’d last gotten a ping from Stephens’ mobile phone.

A nationwide manhunt had been underway since Sunday, when Stephens shot and killed Robert Godwin Sr. … and then uploaded video of the murder to Facebook.

Share It!

Let Your Friends Know!